Everyone wants to ensure the financial security of their family after they are gone. No matter how large or small your assets are, deciding when and how distribution should occur, and to whom, can be a complex process. At Cedar Brook, we are here to guide you through your options and give you the confidence and peace of mind that everything will be handled according to your wishes.
We will help you…
- Decide on charitable contributions
- Create a plan for family gifting
- Set up trusts
- Devise a transfer strategy
- Create and revise estate documents
- Advise on tax benefits, and much more
We are here to guide you through your options and give you the confidence and peace of mind that everything will be handled according to your wishes.
Cedar Brook is first and foremost a financial planning firm and we believe one of the best services we provide is helping individuals prepare for retirement and assist them during retirement. We work with you to provide tailored strategies to fit your values, goals and situation. There is a myriad of things to consider as you prepare for retirement including: Social Security benefit strategies, tax deferral strategies, funding and disbursement strategies.
We believe one of the best services we provide is helping individuals prepare for retirement and assist them during retirement.
We will help you by…
- Preparing retirement needs analysis
- Creating funding and disbursement strategies
- Establishing Social Security benefit strategies
- Performing pension benefit optimization analysis
- Advising on tax deferral strategies such as deferred compensation and retirement plans
- Calculating minimum required distributions
- Reviewing employer retirement plan investment options and allocations
Together, we carefully and thoroughly identify your goals, thereby helping to ensure your plan is uniquely relevant to your situation and financial outlook. We can also review investments you may already have, such as your 401 (k) plan, and make recommendations so that all of your investments are coordinated.
Our team will continually coordinate and manage your investments so your portfolio reflects your current investment strategy and works with your overall wealth management plan.
Our team then creates an investment and asset allocation plan based on your goals. As your life and the market changes, your investment strategy will need to be adjusted. We are here to provide the modifications needed to remain current with the constantly evolving nature of investments. Our team will continually coordinate and manage your investments so your portfolio reflects your current investment strategy and works with your overall wealth management plan.
While often overlooked, a well-managed insurance portfolio is an important component of a sound financial plan. Cedar Brook advisors work with clients to capitalize on the opportunities that the insurance market provides, as well as identify the optimum coverage for each individual or business.
Whether you need to purchase new coverage, audit existing policies to ensure they remain competitively priced and are aligned with your objectives, or to work with your legal advisor for estate planning purposes, Cedar Brook’s advisors have the expertise to prudently and strategically manage your insurance portfolio.
Cedar Brook’s advisors have the expertise to prudently and strategically manage your insurance portfolio.
Our Insurance Department is effective because of…
- Our partnership with Ash Brokerage, a leading insurance brokerage firm that partners with eighty insurance companies. Ash provides us with access to a comprehensive portfolio of product resources.
- Unlike many wealth management firms, Cedar Brook has a dedicated, in-house underwriting group which controls most of the underwriting and portfolio management processes. By managing the underwriting process we are better able to represent our clients’ interests and secure the best insurance deal possible. That means our clients receive the most coverage for their premium dollar.
- Our five-step financial planning process. This disciplined approach starts with a discussion of your goals. The analysis phase includes an evaluation of your current insurance portfolio and results in recommendations specific to your goals and market opportunities.
Helping you invest strategically so that you pay the least amount of tax on your gains and income.
Listed below are just a few of the items covered in reviewing your income tax situation…
- Research and calculate cost basis
- Create tax strategies
- Provide documentation to accountant
- Coordinate implementation with accountant
- Manage trust distributions
Measuring the gap between where you want to be and where you are now.
Listed below are just a few of the items covered in performing a cash flow analysis…
- Analyze expenses versus current income
- Prepare projections of all potential sources of income
- Prepare projections of future taxes
- Analyze and prepare projections on potential changes in expenses at future stages of life
With the cost of higher education continuing to rise, many families find themselves contemplating the best approach to funding college education for children or grandchildren. Planning ahead is a critical aspect of gaining access to the most effective education funding vehicles.
Cedar Brook does the hard work of sorting through the choices so that your decision is easy.
Education Savings Options
- 529 Plans
- Coverdell Educating Savings Accounts
- Money Market Funds
- Mutual Funds
- Custodial Accounts
- Unit Investment Trusts (UITs)
- Equity Investments
- Fixed Income Investments
- Cash Value Life Insurance
Financial Aid Options
- Loans (Stafford, PLUS, Private)
- Federal Aid
- Grants (Federal, State, Private)
- Institutional Aid
- Lifetime Learning Credit (LLC)
- Deduction for Qualified Higher Education Expenses
- Student Loan Interest Deduction